Nurture Skills, Enrich Knowledge
Our tuition programmes focus on the development of students’ application and writing skills and the enrichment of their economics knowledge with our teaching activities like topical teaching with focus on how to apply economics knowledge, class discussion on current economics issues and a variety of questions that are often tested in examinations, class practices of CSQs and essay writing to train the students’ capacity to adapt to the examination constraints. Besides knowledge enrichment, we focus on skills development with our in-house designed Case Study Skills Answering Techniques and Essay Writing Skills Development Workshops which are very apt in helping JC students reduce their loss of marks or get more marks in their answers as these are effective way in answering the questions.
1. Consistency and Persistence wins the day
During regular tuition, in-depth teaching content knowledge and application techniques on the use of knowledge will be taught along with extensive class practices and discussion. Students will be taught and tested on a great variety of questions which have proven to be effective for students to comprehend unusual questions as the actual GCE A level examination is now focusing on more obscure and commonly less significant sections of study.
2. Last minute preparation, Have no fear
For the intensive revision, there will be summary topical teachings and integrated questions that will be taught and discussed. Although class practices are conducted, it will be less extensive. Students who have attended regular tuition will be charged less than their regular tuition while those who have just joined the intensive revision. Skills Development lessons on essay writing and case study answering techniques are also taught to intensify the exam-oriented capacity of the students. These Intensive Revision Workshops have proven to be great help to students who have not prepared for the examination as our programme is structured and organized with extensive materials to ease the stress of the last minute preparation. However, it is my sincere advice to start preparation as early as possible.
3. The key to Success – A good set of notes
Having a good set of notes is important as it will make your learning journey easy and productive and the route to Grade A will be a fruitful path. Our set of notes encompasses Topical Teaching materials which consist of explanation of the economic principles and process of economic activities, evaluation points and graphical illustration and explanation. Sample and Model Essays for class discussion and practices (given as guided essay for students to reflect on their errors), Case Study Practices with answer given for every questions to help students understand their errors and Summarized Quick Notes for last minute recalling and revision (very effective pointers).
4. Be the independent and keen learner
On top of this, students will also be taught and guided on how to make extra notes on their own to help them improve their writings and diagram and description and adjustment to complexity and variation of questions. It is my belief that students must develop independent learning and thinking during this learning journey and my emphasis in our tuition programme to nurture their application skills in their thinking and improve their writing skills through personal reflection.
You may learn more on how to be the reflective thinker and prolific writer by reading on these articles we have written for JC students.
So, join Economics Focus? Five reasons why you must.
1) Simon Ng is a very effective JC Economics tutor who has guided 90% of all his students from his Economics tuition to attain grade A or B in A Level Economics Examination.
2) The notes and materials prepared and developed by Economics Focus are effective in helping students to acquire the content of JC Economics through an organized and systematic way that will ensure their competency in comprehension.
3) Besides content enrichment and comprehension, thinking and application skills are also taught to make students more effective in handling the complicated JC Economics Essays and Case study questions through our specially-designed Workshops.
4) Our lessons are also taught in an interesting and expounding manner to cultivate in students a passion towards the learning of Economics and raise their acumen for economics to raise their competency in the understanding of issues.
5) Our exam-oriented tuition structure emphasizes on consistent practices, review and evaluation to ensure our students are well-prepared for A Level Economics examination. Furthermore, Our Founder and Principal JC Economics Tutor is extremely proficient in spotting questions for A level Economics Examination.