Develop Rational Thinking
Our Economics Tuition programme developed by Economics Focus is structurally designed to ensure that students are poised to excel in their examinations. Call Simon at 96890510 for 2016 JC Economics Tuition classes.
This Economics Tuition programme will be conducted through an incremental and developmental structure to provide our students systematic and clarified guidance in their preparation for the JC Economics examination. At the same time, the programme is also exam-oriented and organized in material wise, to ensure that all students are able to have the pivotal sources of materials to give them the added advantage in their academic pursuit for excellence.
Dedicatedly and meticulously designed by top JC Economics Tutor Simon Ng, founder of Economics Focus, who has more than 15 years of tutoring and teaching experiences, this programme has successfully guided 90% of his students in attaining grade A or B in the past years examination.
In this programme, students will experience the Rational Thinking Methodology which emphasizes on thinking and writing skills in the learning process. Through our expounding academic and intellectual education activities, we seek to inculcate in our students to learn reflectively and efficiently, apply effectively and review critically, shaping them to be effective and rational thinkers and writers in the pursuit of academic excellence. The programme also aspires to cultivate in our students keen interest and passion for Economics and nurture their determination and resilience for academic excellence, which is the firm belief of this Economics Bishan Tuition centre.
Our Learning System
Cultivating the thinking skills in our learning approach is the key to the development of the rational thinking student which will enable our students to excel in their studies of Economics. In our studying process, which involves learning, applying and reviewing, we seek to teach our students to learn efficiently, apply effectively and review critically. In this process, we cultivate the necessary thinking, writing and application skills that will poise our students to comprehend more effectively to excel in this subject just as those who have done so in the past.
Learning is only considered competent when students achieve understanding in their learning process. We enhance this initial stage of learning of Economics by inculcating in our students the thinking and learning skills to enhance their comprehension about the information they need to conceive and retain. To do so, our students will be taught on the following:
- The thinking skills on how to derive meanings from definition of economic terms, conduct classification and comparison of economic variables, explain economic concepts and causation, illustrate and describe graphical demonstrations and analyze and evaluate the economic effects and policy implications
- The thinking skills on how to link sections of economic concepts within the topic and among the topics, enhancing integration of economic concepts to raise their systematic and structural application of knowledge needed in their Economics Essays and CSQs
- The thinking skills on how to contextualize economic knowledge with empirical development to make meaningful use of knowledge acquired.
- The thinking skills on how to retain and remember knowledge effectively by conceptualizing the terms and lingos, understanding process explanation and developing analysis and evaluation to allow spontaneous application in discussion and writing.
Effective Application in answering Economics CSQ and Essay questions is only achieved when students are able to link economic concepts and causations to the requirement of the question and write in a direct and structural approach. We develop our students’ abilities in this stage of learning by inculcating thinking skills and nurture writing skills in the following ways:
- The thinking skills on how to classify the types of questions that are tested, to understand the requirements of the question, to infer the implications of the questions and to link the source of knowledge to the focus of discussion in the question.
- The thinking skills on the development of a structure with setting of the perspectives on how the answering would be done to create a flow of discussion that is poised, direct and persuasive.
- The writing skills on how to define and characterize the concepts of economic terms, explain economic causation, link and list evidences to support explanation and discussion, illustrate and describe diagrammatical presentation, analyze and evaluate economic effects and policy implications to the context of the essay question.
- The thinking skills on how to interpret data and extractions, extract information from the text, link the given information to economic concepts and apply the economic concepts in evaluating and analyzing of the economic effects and policy implications for CSQs.
The writing skills for CSQ on how to describe trend analysis, explain economic causation and implications based on the context of extract and data, analyze and evaluate the economic effects and policy implications by linking theoretical knowledge to the context of discussion and illustrate and describe diagrammatical presentation based on the need of the question.
Critical review is successfully completed when students are able to understand and conceptualize the significance of their economic knowledge in its application, analysis and evaluation in accordance to context of the discussion. In this stage of learning, we train our students to think rationally, conducting Economics analysis and critical review of information on economic activities and impact and policy implications in the context of questions and the empirical world, domestically, regionally or globally. In this stage of learning, students are taught in the following ways:
- The thinking skill to reflect on their understanding and application by examining their definition, explanation, description, causation, evaluation and analysis so as to note the key concerns of the discussion. This will enable students to infer and apply aptly upon variations of the question and context of discussion.
The thinking skill to conceptualize their knowledge and develop into notions, crystallizing the gist of the economic discourse into applicable knowledge for future studies and fundamental skills for decision-making.